Coaching has become increasingly prevalent over the last few years. There are a lot of services offered out there, with a lot of conflicting information. How do you know if coaching is worth your time and money? What are all these different coaches about? In this article, I offer you an overview of coaching in general, why you might choose to work with a coach, and what to look for in a coach. I also offer you some insight specifically into Wellness Coaching and how it could benefit you.
What is coaching?
Coaching is an exceptional relationship between coach and client working together in an ongoing, supportive collaboration that brings out the best in the client. By empowering you – the client, a good coach will support you in moving forward to improve and excel in the desired areas of your life. With the help of a professional, results-oriented coach, you get significant, powerful, lasting results. A good coach can make a phenomenal difference in your life – moving you from ordinary to extraordinary.
Coaching can help transform your life by changing how you think about yourself, your health, your work, your family, your community and world. Good coaching is holistic – working with you as a complete and complex individual.
Coaching is very different from therapy and counseling. It focuses on today and tomorrow and moving you from functional to optimal. Your past should not hold you back from your future – choose your starting point and move forward with the empowering help of your personal coach.
Be sure you are ready to work with a coach.
• Are you ready to make real and positive changes in your life?
• Are you willing to overcome self-limiting behavior?
• Are you prepared to take action to achieve your goals?
• Are you looking to achieve a sense of fulfillment in life?
• Do you want to benefit from someone to hold you accountable and help you stay on track?
Everyone can benefit from coaching. With your needs in mind, look for the following in a coach:
• Offers a FREE or very low-cost initial consultation – this is important since you need to know that you and your coach understand each other and you feel comfortable and confident that this is someone you can work closely with
• Specializes in the area you are most interested in – there are health coaches, life coaches, wellness coaches, business coaches…choose the one that can best focus on your individual requirements
• Clearly holistic in their approach – you do not want to have your life compartmentalized – you are a whole person and all parts of your life are intertwined and affect one another
• Has program and payment options – allowing you to choose what suits your schedule and your budget
What is Wellness Coaching?
Wellness Coaching is a partnership engaging the resources of you and your coach to create the successes YOU most desire in YOUR life. Working with a wellness coach you receive the support and objectivity of a highly trained professional to offer you thought-provoking questions and resources that open the door to new possibilities, inspiring you to move forward with confidence. The investment you make in yourself by partnering with a dedicated professional as your Wellness Coach allows you to:
Strengthen your current wellness knowledge
Gain new knowledge and strategies to support you in achieving the vital life you desire
Experience true health and vitality
Enjoy a greater sense of accomplishment in your life
Be grateful for the incredible sense of fulfillment in your life
Well-rounded professionals offer Wellness Coaching on an individual basis and through specialized focus group sessions – flexibility for all budgets to experience the life-changing benefits of Wellness Coaching.
Who can benefit from Wellness Coaching?
Everyone can benefit from Wellness Coaching. Some specific reasons people seek out a Wellness Coach are:
- Desire or need to lose weight
- Looking for more energy
- Want help developing a healthier lifestyle
- Seeking to reduce stress and/or manage it better
- Want to learn more about food and nutrients
- Want to learn more about how their body works
- Desire to maintain their youthfulness
- Want to learn how to maintain healthy, glowing skin
- Want to eat optimally for a healthy pregnancy and baby
- Looking for help to develop a healthy lifestyle and nutrition regime for the whole family
- Searching for assistance with a child that has difficult behaviour or ADHD
By Heather Munroe – Holistic Wellness Coach and Educator
Heather Munroe is a Holistic Wellness Coach and Educator. She has 20 years experience as an educator and is passionate about balanced, healthy living. Heather knows the art of listening to your specific concerns and crafting a personalized plan to take you to your next level of living a balanced, healthy, and fulfilling life. Visit her website at www.heathermunroe.com to view her current coaching and program options.