The 2014 Ottawa Health and Wellness Expo is fast approaching and we are excited with this years vendor lineup. The variety of vendors that have already signed up ensures that this years event will once again provide quality products, services and information to our city. We want everyone to know more about who our vendors are and how their business fits in to the Expo’s passion for seeing Ottawa the healthiest city in Canada. Between now and the Expo, we will be highlighting some of these amazing vendors. Stay tuned to our blog as we feature our vendors in a special vendor spotlight blog.
Vendor Spotlight: Janet Fougere
Tell Us About Your Business
What Makes You Different From Others In Your Industry?
- I keep personal training affordable by offering small group classes. Participants range from 1-3 people, this allows each person to get individual attention. Plus each client is executing a program designed specifically for them. The ladies encourage, help and challenge each other. The spirit is truly one of support and team building, and the environment is extremely motivating and encouraging.
- I’m very flexible with my clients with respect to their schedule and budget.
- My clients get results: leaner, more toned physiques. They leave feeling more confident in themselves and what they can accomplish. Often in the beginning, I hear: “I can’t do that!” In the end, they are very surprised at what they can, and do accomplish & without injury.
- Before a client starts training, their movement patterns are screened using the Functional Movement System (FMS). The screen highlights muscle impingements and imbalances that need to be corrected. Corrective exercises are prescribed based on the result of this test or the client may be referred out if pain is reported.
- I start every class with foam rolling to improve the state of the soft tissues (think of it as a poor man’s massage).
- Each client will execute their individualized corrective work before training. This work is based on the FMS screen results and a posture assessment.
- I hold myself accountable when clients don’t achieve results and have a network of doctors and Registered Massage Therapists if I need to refer a client out of my practice.
- Nutrition and motivational coaching is included with each training package
What Clients Do You Enjoy Working With?
How Can We Find You?